I'd like to Trigger a DOF change via BP. (Not C++)

I’m pretty much trying to do something like this for my inventory system.

6035-skyrim_salmon.jpg

I’m not a programmer, so C++ solutions are a little outside my wheelhouse. Can something like this be done in BP?
I’m controlling what the UI looks like on my HUD blue print- I just can’t seem to get the Dof to swtich. I have a suspicion that I can’t send events OUT of the hud to control anything camera related.

Has anyone run into this? anyone have any examples of this functioning?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Dof is post processing effect in unreal, post processing is controlled by post processing voluemes which you can make them effect globally. Check content examples the post pressing map, there dof example.

BTW, you can apply any material as post processing so you can do any global visual effect you like without need of C++

I can’t to use a volume - because it will not be tied to any give position. - this is for working in conjunction with the HUD (inventory ) - and because of that it has to work anywhere across multiple levels; it needs to be on a class BP and thus position agnostic. I’ll give the material a shot :slight_smile: thanks !

Then spawn with hud and and make it unbound (it will effect globally this way) :slight_smile: material thing i mention will still require post processing volume, if you search nodes you might find something for post processing which does not require volume

What if you spawn the volume when the menu is triggered at the player location, and then destroy it when the menu is closed?

I recall in UE3 you should set the dof distance quite easily and shift it so it looked like a camera rack focusing. I recall just using a massive post process volume it referenced. Might be a useful hint.

You can attach camera to your pawn and override its post-processing settings when required.

In C++ you have to define what properties could be override via bools, AFAIK, not sure how it’s handled in Blueprint.