Icon from static mesh

Hello, how to make icon from static mesh? Is “make screenshot” and “go photoshop” the only way to do it? i want simple 2d icon, any quality, any size, just picture of mesh.

Hi,
I’ve never done an unreal icon, but among the free things in September there is something in the marketplace that you might find useful

How about:

There is a marketplace asset for it, which is available for free only this month (2019 September): OwnIcon - Create your own Icons in Blueprints - UE Marketplace

See the other free assets for this month at: Featured free Marketplace content - September 2019 - Unreal Engine

Alternatively, if you need to create the icon dynamically, you can use a SceneCaptureComponent with a RenderTarget.

soo… I just downloaded that asset… and it’s great!
but i still have a question…
it seems to me that for every static mesh in the editor… there IS ALREADY an icon for it that you click… how is there not just a way to make THAT a texture??
still… love the new free asset… GET IT DOWNLOADED FOLKS!

soo… I just downloaded that asset… and it’s great!
but i still have a question…
it seems to me that for every static mesh in the editor… there IS ALREADY an icon for it that you click… how is there not just a way to make THAT a texture??
still… love the new free asset… GET IT DOWNLOADED FOLKS!

thx guys!

The icon creator you recommended is really cool thing:)

For those that show up here and are looking for a way to do this yourself, I have made a video tutorial that will get you a way of making a system yourself. Here you go.

1 Like