I want to make a map for an FPS shooter ... Help

I want to make a FPS game and I want to create maps, all I want to know its that is the unreal engine the only place that I can create maps on or can I use something else to create my maps on and than import it to unreal? cause I feel unreal itself has I limited amount of props to actually make a map look good.

You can can make the basic level design in unreal (wall, floors and such) however if u want more props or personalized and detailed things you can make then in a 3D modeling program like 3dsmax, blender, cinema4d, maya,…

I suggest watching the level design walk trough from Unreal themselves: Intro to Level Creation: Overview | 01 | v4.7 Tutorial Series | Unreal Engine - YouTube

And then maybe a tutorial on importing your own assets into UE4: IMPORTING 3D models into Unreal Engine 4 (Beginner Guide) - YouTube

Also it is probably better to make your levels in Unreal since if you were to make your levels in an other program you’d have to make collision for it and your map would act as one whole piece instead of each part being separate.

Thank you!