I need help to create a random (or not) teleporting system

Hey everyone,

I’m working on a game and need some advice on setting up teleporters and triggers. Here’s what I want to achieve:

1. When a player is knocked down:
  • They get randomly teleported to a teleporter (e.g., T3).
  • Upon teleportation, the storm controller T2 is activated.
  • The barrier B2 is disabled.
  • The other player is teleported to T4.
  1. Additionally, when a player is knocked down:
  • The BST2 is disabled.
  • The players are teleported to another teleporter, and so on…

I’m not sure how to set this all up. Any suggestions or scripts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Thank you for your report! Can you please re-post using the “New Issue” option on the Issues and Bug Reporting forums? Posts with this feature are connected directly into our development team so we can quickly get to them!

For more information, such as how to get the reference ID, please check out the article here: Using the Creative and UEFN Bug Reporting Form

Hey,

@jay.all.the.way this is not an issue or bug.

To make it a little easier, I suggest naming your different areas and renaming devices to suit thier location. Say call BST1, Harry Storm Generator or something.

I’m assuming this is a 2 player game

Each area will need a seperate sender teleporter, you can basically configure them as Teleporter Group None and Teleporter Target Group A.

The reciever teleporters where the player will go to a t random are all configured Teleporter Group A and Teleporter Target Group None,

The event for a knocked player comes from a Down But Not Out Device - the activate function of the sender teleporter would use this.

Each Area will need a volume to detect when a player goes into it, either a Volume Device or Mutator Device, the on player enter event will be used for the enable function of the area storm device and the disable function of all other storm devices.

If each area is inside a solid barrier, make them hollow box barriers so you don’t need to disable them before the player teleports in, players either get thrown out of a solid barrier or can’t move.

Also the mechanic to teleport winner which could be achieved by disabling the area volume on player teleported event and using the volumes on player exit event to pick up the winning shooter for teleport

Let me know what you think so far, I’ll return later and we can work this out to best fit your needs.

1 Like

Hey, thank you for your detailed reply! I appreciate it. However, it’s a bit hard for me to understand what to do without any pictures or drawings. Could we talk on Discord? My username is Zelytow.

From what you said, it sounds like both players are teleported to the same spot. I’d actually like them to be teleported to opposite sides of the barrier. Can we work on that together?

Thanks again for your help!

I’m sorry my littlest kids ensure I have no working headset.

Teleporters T1, T3, T5 and T7 should be the same group for the random teleport,
the teleporter of a specific area also needs to be disabled when a player enters that area so when the teleporting happens the player can’t teleport to the same area they were just in, also need to make an enable call on each areas teleporter, to turn on any teleporters that were turned off previously.

We need another teleporter to act as the sender, it needs to be activated by a DBNO device on player downed.
the on player downed event should also disable all storm controllers

The T1, T3, T5 and T7 on teleported events need to
Revive player using DBNO device.
specifically enable that areas storm controller
disable any T2, T4, T6 and T8 teleporter not of the area, and enable the one that is

I gotta go will continue later…

Hello,

I’ve got an idea. If I initially disable teleporters T2, T4, T6, and T8 at the start of the game, would the following sequence work:

1.When a player is knocked down, the 1st player is randomly teleported to one of the active teleporters (T1, T3, T5, or T7), and the teleporter he is sent to is deactivated.
2. Simultaneously, one of the previously disabled teleporters (T2, T4, T6, or T8) is activated, teleporting the 2nd player.
3. After the 2nd player is teleported, the newly activated teleporter is deactivated immediately.

Would this system function as intended? I hope my explanation makes sense, and apologies if it’s unclear!

Yes, I think that would work, it sounds like your starting to get the feel of possibilities from the linking up of devices.

And if it doesn’t work, it would be just a matter of tweaking something.

It doesn’t quite go simultaneously, more in a fast sequence if functioning from the same event.

Also some device interactions may not function properly off the same event because it needs time to change, in which case you use that device earlier, later or add to the chain of events.

The teleporters should be OK to disable/enable off the same event.

Ok, I’ll try this as soon as I can, and I’ll reply you if it works (or if it doesn’t work :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Hi!

I’ve thought of how it could work but I know it won’t work. How can I make a player randomly teleport to only one of the teleporter ? Because if I do On Knocked Down —> Teleport to T1, T3, T5, T7 it will teleport the player to all the teleporters at the same time and break everything. I really need a fast and easy solution

Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah it gets a bit spaghetti, especially with all the enabling/disabling that needs to happen on each area.

Teleporters T1, T3, T5 and T7 are recieving teleporters only, and need to be in the same teleport group ie group A.
The knockdown event will use a seperate teleporter, which is the sender teleporter, and will send the player to a random group A recieving teleporter.

But the area the player spawns in needs to disable the recieving teleporters in that area so they aren’t used when it time to teleport to next area.

The next area needs to be able to re-enable the last areas disabled recieving teleporter, and disable its own areas recieving teleporter.

1 Like

Hey,

Thank you for your reply!

Actually, if players are teleported to a zone, it’s perfectly fine if the teleporters in that zone remain disabled, as I prefer that players can only visit the same zone once.

However, I’m a bit unclear on how to handle the sender teleporter. Could you clarify the process I should follow to make it work? Specifically, do the players need to use the sender teleporter first before being randomly sent to one of the receiver teleporters after a knockdown event? I’m not quite sure how to structure that part.

Thanks again for your help!

Edit : Could we talk on Discord ? Actually this website is not really easy to use for me. And also, maybe adding you to my UEFN project could be easier for you to explain me what to do.

OK The sender teleport, essential settings would be

• Teleporter Group - Group None
  • Teleporter Target - Group A (or same group as T1, 3, 5 & 7
  • Change Teleporter Target - On Entry (might be best ??)

User Options - Functions

• Activate - DBNO Device - On Player Downed

This means the players should enter in the sender teleporter right after one of them dies ? And do I need to set When teleported → Disable the sender teleporter ?

It doesn’t need to be disabled, its only function is to automatically send a player, once they are downed to one of the enabled reciever teleporters from that teleporter group.

You should hide the sender teleporter out of the gameplay area, it can be set up to stay hidden, but its easier to keep it elsewhere.

But how do I make players being teleported by this teleporter if it doesn’t touch them ? And do I need to make the 2 players be teleported by the sender teleporter or only one of them ?

The teleporters can work from a distance,
The downed event from the DBNO device, also carries the instigator information, ie who was downed, So the teleporter uses the event to get the When to teleport and the Who to teleport.

The sender teleport will only send the downed player

The other players teleport will be handled seperately once the downed player arrives at the next area.

1 Like

I’ll try this

1 Like

But for the sender teleporter, I do not have any option to do On Knocked —> Teleport to a random Group A teleporters

In the Sender Teleport’s, User Options - Functions

Activate - select the DBNO Device - On Player Downed

The Activate Function is the one that does the sending when the DBNO device fires

1 Like

But where should I place the Sender Teleporter ? Because players need to enter in it to get teleported