I made a mesh. and I made a problem. now the camera is 1000000 meters away

well im an idiot. how do we reset the position of the viewport camera? I was following a tutorial and this guy told me “make a static mesh 100000 units away so the gun will aim where the player is looking the whole time” and I did and now I AM 100000 units away. this is a literal game breaking issue. can someone help me reset this thing

Right click in the viewport to Go There. Also, double clicking the elements of the World Outliner takes one there:

make a static mesh 100000 units away so the gun will aim where the player is looking the whole time

That’s a tad bizarre, I’ll admit.

well thank you for that, and apparently its supposed to keep the gun shooting where the crosshair is

That is then a wild hackaround, the things one can find on the internet. Ha.

Why not use the forward vector? That’s what it is for. Or is this a fix for the crosshair alignment? Then the abovementioned solution is even worse, actually.

Consider starting a new thread if you need help with that.

Or perhaps you’re referring to the way the crosshair is drawn, then check these two:

Especially the second link as it sounds a bit like the template thing. Other than that, we’d need more info.

Good luck!