I have created a mask based on the Z-axis of individual foliage particles and oriented according to their individual rotation angles. But its not happening.

I have created this simple mask. After Applying it to foliage mesh the mask is not rotating according to foliage particle axis. I have searched a lot but have not been able to find out the solution for this.

1 Like

It’s because all the foliage is seen as one object. So the pivot point is the same for all pieces.

Haven’t tried it, but you might need something like

now its totaly black

I have used various combinations of transform position node but none of them worked. :zipper_mouth_face:

I will take a look…

Yeah sure, I will be waiting for your reply!

1 Like

So I tried this mat

and I get

Can you please try to paint it with foliage on the curved surface so that we can figure out whether the mask is rotating with the object or not?

1 Like

Tried this too U can see it’s not happening.

1 Like

Ok, this

1 Like

For static mesh it’s working fine … but If you scatter this with foliage… it won’t work actually.

1 Like

This is foliage… ?

yes, the problem is in foliage. I scattered spheres using foliage. What I exactly want to do is by using this mask I want to create foliage grass material which can be 3 different colors like on top it’s green in the middle its slightly yellow and at the bottom its dark green.

What I mean is, in my picture, it IS foliage :slight_smile:

ohh… you saved me … thank you so much :melting_face:

1 Like

Done Thank you !!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.