I have built my first VR world! But my VR pawn cant move!

I am working in a VR template and dont know how to put the VR pawn on the map I made from blank? I tried to copy and paste the VRPAWN from the default map but he wont move

You need a NavMeshBoundsolume. It creates an area where the VR Pawn can Teleport in.
If you press “P” in the editor you can see a green surface where you will be able to move around. This will be inside your NavMeshBoundsVolume.
You can also add multiple NavMeshes

I hope this helps you :wink:

Cheers,
Evil_Fischi

1 Like

hey! did you solve it?

Hey there @RobbyDash! Welcome to the community! So as Fischi had referenced, much of the time it’s due to the VR teleport movement requiring nav mesh to make it’s jumps. If that isn’t the case for you, it could be that the player controller isn’t possessing it. In that case you can go into BP and set it to auto possess. Alternatively, if the VR Game Mode is set up correctly, you may be able to plop down a Player Start and have it work out of the box (assuming it wasn’t the navmesh issue). If the issue does persist, we can move it over to your own thread and we can check it out in more depth. If it comes down to it, feel free to ping me!

you need a nav mesh bounds
and choose world gamemode to vr
and make sure your particular pawn is the default for the gamemode
make sure your input settings are right for the controllers
and just place a player start down
the default pawn is chosen in the game mode

1 Like

hey! thanks for the support, i just opened my own thread with a video of the problem