I have a problem with UEFN launch

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Summary

When I am starting UEFN I got an error that says: “Failed to open descriptor file …/…/…/FortniteGame/FortniteGame.uproject”. Firts of all, I don’t have any uproject file in that directory, and second, I downloaded Unreal Engine and it works just fine himself.
I re-installed everything I have, Fortnite, UEFN, Epic launcher, nothing helped.

Steps to Reproduce

Open UEFN - Application does not launch.

Expected Result

Launch UEFN

Observed Result

UEFN is not opening at all

Platform(s)

PC

Alright, some guy with nickname Omniverse found a way how to fix this temporarily, until Epic will make an update, so here it is:

“Go to your install folder where you have Fortnite_Studio. Copy everything inside there ctrl+a and ctrl+c and paste it inside the regular fortnite folder. Then with epic running in back launch UEFN from the UnrealEditorFortnite-Win64-Shipping.exe file under your install location at Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64”

2 Likes

Which is the regular Fortnite folder?

The status of FORT-725031 incident has been moved from ‘Needs Triage’ to ‘Needs More Info’.

Sorry for the delay here, we’re checking into this! Issue with New Installations of UEFN

1 Like

Go to Epic launcher library, press 3 dots on Fortnite, and there you can find a directory where the game was installed. The “Fortnite” folder by default lies at “Program Files/Epic Games/Fortnite”, so in short, you copy every single folder at “Fortnite_studio” directory, and paste it into “Fortnite” folder.

1 Like