I get LogAudioMixer error while packaging

When I try to package my project. I get this error.
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error
LogAudioMixer: Warning: Decoder Error, stopping source [CompileFailed]

I couldn’t find any help or any information about this error. Please help.

1 Like

Hi there @drexlerrr. Welcome to the Unreal Engine forums! :slight_smile:

This topic has been moved from International to Platform & Builds.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

Thanks and happy developing! :slight_smile:

If you would prefer a different category feel free to dm/@ me.

Hi, drexlerrr did you find a solution on that problem?

i’m getting the same issue. i attached the log file. don’t know how to solve it.
Log.txt (32.1 KB)

Exact same error here, has anyone managed to figure this one out? Would greatly appreciate a solution :slight_smile:

Same error +1

Same error

I think I figured it out. It’s some kind of plugin error. I had uninstalled some plugins, but reinstalled them, and now it seems to be building.
Here is one of the occurrences:
AI for NPC, MetaHuman - Dialog, actions and general intelligence - by Convai in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace
CTRL+F -ed and found some one was having the same issues because Google Firestore was having complicacies with the plugin/s that the author of that asset created/implemented.

Exact same error here.
Is it supposed to be audio related error ?
All my WAVs and Audio cues don’t have anything in the “sound class” slot.
Is it because of that ?

Same error here too. I’ve been using the MetaHuman, so I’m assuming that the issue is around that. Gonna keep following this thread…

Same problem here, when packing. Has anyone got a solution?

I got the same error. Was anyone able to find a solution

I got this problem too when I was trying to build. I had two problems:

1. My visual studio did not have the c++ packages installed for windows app development and game development, so I installed those and updated visual studio (community 2019 because I also develop on Unity)
  2. My file path for my project contained a special character, so once I moved the project folder out to a different directory with no special characters, it worked.

Hope this helps!

Hi every one,

I had the same issue than you.

I’m working on Unreal Engine 5.1.1, my project contains not a lot of Blueprints and code, and I had this error so I didn’t understand where the problem came from.

I finaly fixed the issue and my project have been package well.

Step to follow:

1. Install Visual studio 2022 or Update the old version to the lastet version.
    2.Open the VisualStudio22_Installer and enable the following settings:
  • Desktop & Mobile section:
  • Enable “Desktop development with C++”
  • Game section:
  • Enable “Games development with Unity”
  • Enable “Games development with C++”

Go back on your Unreal project:

1. In the project settings/ Platforms/ Windows
    In the D3D12/ D3D11 Targeted Shader Formats, make sure that SM5 and SM6 are enabled (Enable SM5 for both).

2. You can find below the previous section “Toolchain”, apply Visual studio 2022.

3. Close the project settings.

4. In the project Editor go on the Platorms panel to package your project, and in the windows platform/ DESKTOP-… , click on Force Update Device (to update your SDK drivers) and restart your project.

5. When your project is restarted, go on the Platforms panel, select windows and Package project

I hope it will work for you guys. If not I found the problem by launching the game with the Project Launcher
The Output Log send me this message:
ERROR: UnrealBuildTool has banned the MSVC 14.32.31326-14.32.31328
toolchains due to compiler issues. Please install a different toolchain
from the Visual Studio installer.

So I updated Visual Studio and verified that the new version is compatible with my project settings.

1 Like