I can't see the OculusXR passthrough layer on my laptop

Hi, I created the passthrough effect on specific meshes in the environments using the OculusXRPassthroughLayer, and I can see the effect working on my headset, but on the VR preview on my laptop ( and also tried it on the package ) the meshes are dark and the effect is not working. What am I missing? Is there a way to show that effect on my laptop? Thanks in advance.

Do you mean it’s dark when viewed on your laptop screen, or dark in the headset when the game is running from your laptop?

If it is the former, the game does not have access to the passthrough view. It is composited onto the game view in the VR runtime, so only the runtime has access to it. If the Oculus runtime has a desktop mirror feature, it may be visible though that.

Yeah it’s the former. It works on the headset but the preview build on the laptop doesn’t. I tried the Oculus camera casting feature, but the casting turns dark once I play the preview.

I had the same problem, I want to record the passthrough view. I tried some software that can project VR view to the PC or recorded the screen directly in the HMD, but the screen was black and the passthrough only can be seen in the HMD… It is described in the development document that the oculus passthrough link can transfer the camera to the PC, but it seems that this is not possible, possibly because of the security and privacy

1 Like