I cant run the Engine

Im new to UE5 just installed the engine but i keep getting this error exception_access_violation reading address 0x0000000000000080 it won’t open the editor please help

Hey there @Dellamwar! Welcome to the community! So this error seems to happen based on a graphical issue in every other thread I’ve seen of this. That specific area if memory I haven’t seen. I’ve seen 1800, 0008, but not 0080, though going to assume it’s the same issue.

Are you operating on Nvidia hardware and updated to the latest drivers? Many users report that in some very specific circumstances like FXAA being applied by Nvidia’s drivers causing similar issues, other times it’s the overlay it provides. I’ll link a couple of threads (outside of the forums so disclaimer it’s reddit).

If neither of these work, could you try setting your engine’s default RHI to DX11? Tutorial on how to do that will be the 3rd link. Let me know how it goes!

Disclaimer: Epic Games is not liable for anything that may occur outside of this Unreal Engine domain. Please exercise your best judgment when following links outside of the forums.

I have nvidia hardware and updated the drivers and restored the nvidia settings to default it didn’t work as for the RHI I can only access the project browser and the epic games launcher don’t know if I can change it from there thanks for helping

In the config folder of your project find DefaultEngine.ini

Find the segment

[/Script/WindowsTargetPlatform.WindowsTargetSettings]
DefaultGraphicsRHI=DefaultGraphicsRHI_DX12

To set to Vulkan

[/Script/WindowsTargetPlatform.WindowsTargetSettings]
DefaultGraphicsRHI=DefaultGraphicsRHI_Vulkan

1 Like

Thank you guys so much I changed the RHI from DX12 to DX11 and it worked Although my vulcan drivers seem outdated and incompatible .God bless you guys thanks