I can't build my project for my Meta Quest 2, OpenXR errors.

Hi everyone, it’s my first experience with unreal and the first with VR development and i guess i’m stuck with this problem:

LogOVRPlugin: Error: [XRCMD][failure] [XR_ERROR_FORM_FACTOR_UNAVAILABLE]: xrGetSystem(instance, &systemGetInfo, &systemId), arvr\projects\integrations\OVRPlugin\Src\Util\CompositorOpenXR.cpp:1932 (arvr\projects\integrations\OVRPlugin\Src\Util\CompositorOpenXR.h:328)
LogOVRPlugin: Error: [XRCMD][failure] [XR_ERROR_FORM_FACTOR_UNAVAILABLE]: xrGetSystem(instance, &systemGetInfo, &systemId), arvr\projects\integrations\OVRPlugin\Src\Util\CompositorOpenXR.cpp:1932 (arvr\projects\integrations\OVRPlugin\Src\Util\CompositorOpenXR.h:328)
PackagingResults: Error: Launch failed! Unknown Error

I’m trying to build my project in Unreal 5.2, i followed the official documentation:

i had installed a version too recent of Android studio, only after i found out that’s the
latest supported version is 4.0, anyway even when fixing that and having all sdk >=29, the problem seems about the openXR plugins (i also have Meta VR).
What can i do now?
Thank you.

Did you ever end up getting past this error?
Any Solution?

Im having an unreal engine 5 nightmare

my 4 year project always use to get 72 fps in UE4

now in 5 when I pack my game I get 35 fps with 35 stale frames

someone said to use the meta vr plugin so I did , and I get this error

LogOVRPlugin: Error: [XRCMD][failure] [XR_ERROR_LIMIT_REACHED]: xrCreateInstance(&createInfo, &instance), arvr\projects\integrations\OVRPlugin\Src\Util\CompositorOpenXR.cpp:2002 (arvr\projects\integrations\OVRPlugin\Src\Util\CompositorOpenXR.h:315)

1 Like

Hey@pressure2000 - did you resolve this?

no…im still dealing with this, I ask all over and nobody can help

Did you ever find out a fix for this error. I am having the same atm

no unreal engine 5 is broken, I have no idea how anyone can even feel good about putting a game out on this engine

it will take 5 years for the engine to be as good as UE4 and when it is, they will just break everything with UE6

plugin people have turned their backs , they refuse to support UE4 because of Epics 3 engine support rule on the marketplace

Any news? Still with the same problem:
LogOVRPlugin: Error: [XRCMD][failure] [XR_ERROR_FORM_FACTOR_UNAVAILABLE]: xrGetSystem(instance, &systemGetInfo, &systemId), arvr\projects\integrations\OVRPlugin\Src\Util\CompositorOpenXR.cpp:2086 (arvr\projects\integrations\OVRPlugin\Src\Util\CompositorOpenXR.h:302)

I had this issue once and I solved it.
First, just to be sure, setup unreal for android as stated on the following page:

Then I recommend trying out a “blank” project first. Create a new project from the VR template, disable all OpenXR plugins, restart the project and THEN turn on the MetaXR plugin.
OpenXR plugin fights with the MetaXR plugin a lot, but for now, when you enable the MetaXR plugin, you’ll see that OpenXR is enabled aswell, but that’s ok, leave that be.
They have a plan to make MetaXR plugin completely independent from OpenXR in UE5.4.
If it all works in the template, try to do the plugin thing with your project.
Last thing, make sure you have the right MetaXR version for your UE version, that can generate errors too.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hello. Same issue
But I may share my observation.
All work well in a case of new vr template

did you find any clues?
I changed some of rendering settings, that improved it a little bit but unfortunately changed the colors. now I get more pale colors in some low poly tree and other meshes in level

edition:
I had almost same error, related to the dir below:
(arvr\projects\integrations\OVRPlugin\Src\Util\CompositorOpenXR.h)

removing intermediate, saved and derived data cache fixed my error!

Wow. Biggest progress in a week and a half of trying following Unreal docs, numerous YT guides etc. Today I was able to walk/fly around the open space on that vanilla map using L/R, F/B, U/D, and mouse-look. Was already trying to find if I could download drivers for Q2 using UE4.27 - the whole reason I recently bought the Q2 to replace my old Pico G2 4K was so I could update to ‘now’ tech! Tomorrow D-day - try on my actual headset, but hey progress is progress, so really appreciate your post. Thanks!!!