I can not check in on my project

Summary

We were working as normal. Then out of nowhere we looked at the center of the map. And a chunk of the landscape got deleted. So then we tried reverting back to an older version and then we realized something. We could load the other versions fine but when we go to check in. NOTHING happens. It just loads and when it completes. It still says we have something to check in. The wierd part is that everyone on the team has the same problem and we cant do any work on our project because check ins dont work.

Link to URC Files

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Unreal Revision Control

Steps to Reproduce

1. load the map
  2. Check in changes
  3. Nothing happens (The problem is we can not check in)

Expected Result

To check in changes with team members.

Observed Result

We check in and it still shows the blue arrow to check in changes again as though we didnt just check in.

Platform(s)

PC

Island Code

0550-1651-3094

Additional Notes

One thing we tried doing was reverting back to an older snapshot. Still the same problem persists. We cant check in the older version either. Please help.

hi @KenBeans

A while ago posted about a possible related problem with virus checkers affecting Unreal Revision Control (urc.exe)

urc.exe and urc.dll get flagged as Malware from Microsoft Defender - General / Issues and Bug Reporting - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

Hmm interesting. I don’t have any virus checkers installed on my pc though. I fully optimized it for gaming and got rid of a lot. Is that what you mean?

hi @KenBeans
You cannot remove Windows Defender (it is a virus checker) from Windows :roll_eyes: