Download

I am trying to set up a VR IK physics system like the one from boneworks

I am trying to set up a VR IK physics system like the one from boneworks can someone help.

Youtube > Search ‘UE4 VR IK’

h t t p s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKR8ogonD68

I have looked at that tutorial but the problem is that one the system is not physics based and two there are no bone constraints so when you use another character and you turn the hands the characters hands start deforming.

1. Add your physics setup on top of the IK
  2. Without screenshot is kinda impossible to answer, it could be the joints orientation or you didn’t setup the twist joint to follow the rotation of the wrist, so if you can be more specific maybe someone could understand what the problem is, otherwise you won’t get much help

If you have a VR headset here is the link for the project: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
and this is a video of the problem: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

You should add some twist bones to the lowerarm and upperarm, then apply the percentage of Rot X from the hand to those twist. The default node apply a percentage of rotation in Anim BP will do it for you, but its not perfect solution. If you want a nice looking arm, you will have to do some quarternion maths here.

How can I add some twist ones to the lowerarm and upperarm, then apply the percentage of Rot X from the hand to those twist

You should learn rigging on other 3D software. It is the basis for you to continue learning about what you want to do.

Well since im not sure how to do that can you help