Huge water spikes on intersecting water bodies

I am using 4.26-Chaos

I have a problem with new water plugin. When I place two bodies of water into my level, I get huge spikes. The project that I am testing it on is almost fresh, and all settings of water are default. The only thing is that my landscape is pretty low-res. Its scale is 500x500x100, so 5 meters per one pixel.

1 Like

Hello, I have a similar spike issue. The spiking happens no matter what type of water actor I place, and even with placing just one body of water this happens. Any solution?

Having the same issue. Water bodies spike above ground on the margins, all around. That does not happens on 4.26 or 4.27. Any progress on this?

If you are using a custom heightmap, the water offset doesn’t seem to play well with them. In your water actor settings you can search “falloff settings” and change the “ZOffset” distance. When I updated to UE5 the water was spiking, so changing the ZOffset to a higher number fixed it. You can change the water ZOffset setting defaults permanently in the project settings. I’m not sure if this is the correct fix nor have I tested it much but it fixed the water spiking for me.

1 Like