HTC Vive Wireless in IDLE deactivates inputs and disconnects clients

I never had that problem with the cable version. But since I switched to wireless the idle mode kind of pause my game. Keyboard inputs are not working anymore and clients getting disconnected. I know there is a setup in SteamVR to not go into idle mode but that will drain the battery pretty bad. I expect users to take of the headset multiple time during a running session.

Any ideas how to fix that in Unreal?

I was able to narrow it down: With cable and in idle mode if I’m carefully moving the headset without waking it up I can see that small movement on my monitor. That is not the case if I’m using wireless.

I tested the Trickster VR game wireless. -> When I’m moving the headset still in idle mode I can see that movement on my monitor.

For some reason in my game with wireless I can’t see any movement while in idle mode. It seams tracking is deactivated when in idle mode.

Is there any chance to control that tracking (on/off) in Unreal?

1. wireless, idle mode and >11ms: The moment the headset goes in idle SteamVR framerate monitor turns from yellow stats to complete pink. Game Pause. Error

2. cable, idle mode and >11ms: The moment the headset goes in idle SteamVR framerate monitor still shows yellow stats not pink. Works fine.

3. wireless, idle mode and <11ms: The moment the headset goes in idle SteamVR framerate monitor still shows green stats not pink. Works fine.

Looks like a different idle implementation between cable and wireless.

Steam support contacted.