HOWTO: Get Variable Data From an Initiation File

I am a little confused here. :confused:

I am trying to read from the ini file during placement but cannot get it to work. In the structure BP I have the nodes set up the same as the example ones from Begin Play event.

When I use the item on the client in the editor the ā€˜Cast to ShooterGameModeā€™ fails. (It works as expected when I place the item on the server though). When I actually place the item the cast works.

Am I missing something or is it not possible?

Regards,

The GameMode doesnā€™t exist on, or to the, clients. Itā€™s only accessible from the server, just use an Authority switch after EBP to run the logic following it on the server.

Thanks for the reply, I do have one as in the example in post 1, but it does not work.

Regards,

So is placement of structures handled by the client?

During placement (the first begin play event after using item) the Authority pin is firing but the IsServer returns false. (In case itā€™s relevant I am using a copy of the standing torch as the structure and havenā€™t tested any others)

Regards,

Hey Guys i like to give my Mod users the option to config the Damage of a projectile. But is not working. I hope anyone can help me here.
The Damage it would be config in the GameUserSettings.ini this is my event graph.
bdc33d8d688f14cf36e5edeb72ae1979f53e59a7.jpeg

Thanks for help

You need to use the ā€œSet Weapon Configā€ along with ā€œMake Projectile Weapon Dataā€.

This sets the explosive and direct damage as well as switches between 2 dmg types from .ini

Awesome, I think I finally found the right thread!

Iā€™m trying to scale the crafting costs of items based on the GameUserSettings.ini file. For example, if I have a variable in the file called ā€œCustomItemCosts=2.0000ā€ would it be possible to multiply all of CustomItemā€™s crafting costs by 2 on startup?

Hereā€™s the blueprint that Iā€™ve starting setting up on the PrimalItemStructure blueprint, but I canā€™t figure out what event would start this blueprint.

73fad761318d5d61743f4477e59dcb11c6b85ec1.jpeg

Thanks!

Hey - I am trying to implement this idea (reading the INI file) to an item I created (think TORCH) - I want the user to be able to change the CONSUME TIME to allow them to burn faster or slower. Unfortunately, I can not figure out which Blueprint to implement this in. I know itā€™s not the main BP, as that doesnā€™t have the consume timer info in it, and the one that does (the place able item itself) can not access any of the before mentioned routines at all. What am I missing here?

ok, so all the posts I had in here are now ā€œgoneā€ strange

so letā€™s start over -

I FINALLY got place able items to take the blueprint codeā€¦ that was a rough one.

but now ā€“ because my item takes 2 different items as a consumable, it wants to ARRAY them out - so it reads nothing from the file, and fills the array with nothing.

Anyone had fun with that yet?

Did anyone ever get any closer to get this to work?? Iā€™ve tried every ā€œtutorialā€ I have found, tried all from the pictures in this thread, and I canā€™t get it to work.
I am trying to have admins the ability to change crafting speed through the .ini ā€¦ but no matter what I do, it doesnā€™t change. I have it atm. set to crafting time 3600 ( 1 pr hour ) on each of the items that can be crafted, and in the inventory bp I have set Crafting Item Speed to 100. This will craft an item every 36 seconds. Fine and dandy, this works. But if I change the numbers in GUI.ini to i.e 1000, it still craft 1 per 36 secondsā€¦
As there is atm, 29 items that can be crafted, I was hoping there was no need to add this to every single item as this will make the GUI.ini quite large in the end when Iā€™m done with the mod, and all the things that will be craftable :smiley: hence Iā€™m using the node ā€œCrafting Item Speedā€ in the inventory BPā€¦

But ā€¦ how to get this to actually work??

As I canā€™t use EBP in Event Graph on the inventory BP, I used an custom event, reliable, replicated from Client, Executes on Server - Switch on Authority - Cast to Shootergamemode ( that has "Get Game Mode connected to it ) - Get Float Option Ini ( where Iā€™ve set seciton and option names ) - Branch (True= set Craftingspeed connected to return value from Get Float option ini, and False to Set Crafting Item Speed=100 as default )

What am I missing???

Have I done this on the wrong blueprint ( as in, do I need to make this on the character BP and call Crafting Item Speed from inventory ( I canā€™t seem to get that to work though ) or?? please help, advice on this is so needed :slight_smile:

The tutorial was good except for one thing, this method only works for single player mode, how can I get it to work on a server, I know it has something to do with Replication but as I am new to thjis I know nothing about it, can someone point me in the right direction.

I realize that the server does not have game mode for example so what would I use in place of that. I am of-course refering to the original slot change tutorial.

How do I want my blacksmith desk to control his production speed through ini