How would I go about creating an Editor Utility to select and import a .GLTF scene to my level and perform some additional tasks?

PS: Currently I’m just importing a heightmap and a texture. Later on I want to augment this process with a GLTF scene that will contain the building, streetlights, signs, etc.

This is a process I have created for importing map chunks into my level.

I am looking into creating an editor utility that would allow me to just press a button, which would then perform the import actions for me, in the following order:

1. Open a window to select a heightmap
  2. Open a window to select an annotation texture
  3. Open a dialogue to assign an X and Y coordinate to the landscape tile. (The landscape tile would be 12400 x 12400 units in size after creation so the X and Y coordinate would work in multiples of 12400)
  4. Create a landscape tile
  5. Assign the height map to landscape tile
  6. Set overall resolution of landscape tile to 125x125
  7. Set scale of landscape tile to 100 x 100 x 1
  8. Set location (taken from step 3) of landscape tile (0,0 would be X=0,Y=0 in World) (0,1 would be X=0,Y=12400 in World), (0,2 would be X=0, Y=24800 in world) etc
  9. Import the Annotation Texture to Content/PCG/Annotations
  10. Create a material instance of a preset material
  11. Assign Annotation Texture to the two texture parameters of the Material Instance
  12. Assign Material Instance to landscape being created.
  13. Create landscape.

Any guidance regarding how to do this?

bump?

nvm I’ve achieved this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.