How to watch Blueprints in motion?

Now, I know that when you’re playing in-game, you should see changes/event chains, or whatever you want to call it while playing and the blueprint runs. I don’t see anything at all. Is there some setting for this I missed, or does this only happen under certain circumstances?

I think it’s just a bug. I have one test project where I added some nodes to MyCharacter, and even though the debug prints get called and are visible on the screen, the lines leading to them never light up. I have no work around, just sympathy for you.

Howdy!

Be sure that you choose to specify which Blueprint you want to watch from the Blueprints Dropdown menu, see this thread:

-W

Ah hah. yes, that worked for me, although this is crazy unintuitive. I never had to do this for any other BPs, just this character one… Also mycharacter_c is only listed in the dropdown after hitting play and once I’ve clicked to move, I can’t get focus back to the BP editor to select it.

Press Shift+F1 to regain mouse control then re-select your Blueprint. The Level Blueprint usually runs by default, for other Blueprints you want to watch, you’ll have to select them to watch them.

-W

Thank you so much for the excellent support. You rock Wes!