How to use an animation rotation as the character rotation

Hey again Earth, I’m gonna reply here to keep things in context (rather than replying to this thread). In general try to keep stuff in the same thread if it’s the same problem - it’ll make it a lot easier for someone else with the same problem as you to find a solution if they can read the whole thread.

I’m no expert on animation, and most of what I’ve done with respect to root motion I’ve handled on the C++ side. Using SkeletalMesh::ConsumeRootMotion.

From my personal experience and the playback from your anim window - it doesn’t look like the Enable Root Motion is playing correctly. (Again this is only based off of my experience)

If you take a look at the turn animation from our game, with root motion enabled the animation plays back super weird in the viewport.

Additionally, from the clips you’ve shown, the portion of the animation that is playing when you’re using the animation “in game” only plays the first foot movement? I’m not sure if this is how it’s being played all the time when you’re not getting the result you expected - but if you are only playing that part of the animation you can see that there is actually no change in the root until the second foot lifts up. If you are only playing the first foot portion in game, it would explain why you’re not getting any movement, since there doesn’t seem to be any.