How to spawn multiple instances of a PP material and control with a material parameter collection

I have a PP material that i’m using as a ground scan effect to emulate sound waves illuminating the environment.
For example: A character running causes this PP effect to spawn at the location where the footstep sound occurs.

I have the material and I’m changing its values with a MPC, however I’m going to have to spawn this effect a lot and i’m wondering how to spawn multiple instances of it at any required location.

Currently the effect spawns, but if I attempt to change its location, it just moves the center of the spawn and the effect continues. i need to spawn it wherever there is sound and to start at the beginning of its effect… basically spawning a completely new effect.

Ok, so why not spawn it, it lives for a short while then destroys itself, then spawn a new one?

How are you localising the effect given it’s a PP?

I need them spawned at the same time. Using footsteps as an example, Imagine a group of players running, all of their footsteps need to spawn this effect at their location. The effect appears and fades. This doesn’t happen quick enough to spawn the effect per footstep. The effect needs to linger and because of this I need individual spawns of it.

Right now the effect spawns from a vector that I provide through the MCP

Yes, you can do it in the player, for instance.

This explains nothing. Why are you even responding?

Well they can live for just long enough to show the footstep and the die. Otherwise you’re going to get a huge performance hit I assume.

So you can make a BP actor that only contains enough code to show one footstep, wait a second or two and then destroy itself.

The player could be spawning these BPs as they walk / run.

This is not what i’m asking. I need multiple spawns of it. Do you know how to do it or not?