How to solve this error when I try to migrate contend?

Hello,
every time I want to migrate content from one project to another I get this error message:

Some selected assets don’t have a corresponding content root in the destination.
/Bridge
/ControlRig

Would you like to migrate all selected assets into a folder with consolidated references? Without migrating into a folder the assets in the above roots will not be migrated.

How can I fix this?

I am using the Version 5-0 but this Tag does not count as a Version Tag so I added the 4-27 Tag to post this question.

It sounds like some top level folders are missing in the destination. Have you checked ( in windows ), for instance?

There are a few differences, the most noticeable being that one is a c++ project and the other is a blueprint project, is that the bug?

Another funny additional fact is that I asked a question in this forum exactly 2 times and you answered both xD
Thank you very much!

That could well be the problem.

You can convert the BP project to C++ and try again. Might be a longshot.

I hope it’s of some use! :smiley:

How can i convert the BP project to C++ ?

Last time it helped a lot, but then I noticed that doing a project only with bp can’t do what I need and now I have to change it.

I think you just add a C++ class, and it’s converted.

How can I do this? Normaly I can right click inside the C++ folder, but this doesen´t exist in a BP project.

Unfortunately, this did not work in UE5, this solution currently works only in UE4. I have now simply copied the files in Windows Explorer and will now fix a few errors that have arisen as a result.

i’ts working?

Mostly, but there are a few bugs with blueprints and file paths.

1 Like

I’ve got the exact same error when trying to migrate assets from a project that was built in the latest version of Unreal 5. Both projects are just Blueprint projects. Any other things to try?

The full error message I got when trying to migrate was:

Some selected assets don’t have a corresponding content root in the destination.
/HairStrands
/ControlRig
/Niagara

Would you like to migrate all selected assets into a folder with consolidated references? Without migrating into a folder the assets in the above roots will not be migrated.

The migration process has just dumped everything in the content folder.

I was having the same issue but I got it to work now.

/Niagara
/ChaosNiagara

Check to see if the asset(s) you are trying to migrate depends on content in separate folders within the project you are migrating from.

Make sure that you have enabled all of the plugins required by the assets you’re moving in the project you are moving to, then close the project.

Copy all of these folders into the Content folder of the project you are migrating to, the destination project should not be open in UE when you’re doing this. Make sure to keep the relative locations of the folders and maintain the same directory structure.

Open up your project in UE, Fix up redirectors in Folder, and you should be good to go. :smiley:

Any chance for a more detailed guide how to do this for those of us that are just started learning about unreal 20min ago? :smiley:
Doing the learning videos on official unreal web and can’t migrate the level from LearningKit_Games.

3 Likes

What is the exact error message you receive?

1 Like

Those folders listed in the error message appear to be under the Engine folder. So, a quick solution that seems to work (only tested with the Bridge folder) is to uncheck the tick from all the folders that are not under the Game folder, because those assets are already in the Engine folder of any other project.

20 Likes

/Niagara

// This is the popup I get while doing the tutorial video Working With Additional Assets at 7:19. I get no other popup and at this point the migration does not happen when I click yes and the engine freezes (can only close it through task manager). However other projects that I have opened at the same time in the engine work as normal.

I am having the same issue migrating content from the “Content Examples” project to a new & empty UE5 project.

How can I make sure I have all of the plugins required? Where I can find that out? The tutorial mentions nothing about this. :frowning:

Thanks for suggesting to ‘Uncheck’ items not under ‘Game.’ This tip was very helpful. Thanks.

3 Likes