How to set level count like 'Exit 8' Game

Hello, the game I’m currently developing is a game where a monster in the map resets every time the player touches a trigger box, and a new monster spawns through a different node of the multigate.

I plan to create about 30 blueprints for monsters, and after circling the map 20 times, I want to teleport the main character to a different map to end the game. Here’s what I’m curious about:

1. I want to write numbers on the walls like in the ‘exit 8’ game, and I want to increase this number by 1 every time the trigger box is touched. What blueprint node should I add?

2. When the number reaches 20, I want to teleport the character to the ending map on the same level. I want to create a node that teleports without passing through the multigate when it reaches 20. What node should I add?"

Hey @shallow

Here’s what the logic might look like, where when you touch a collision box, the number of text increases by 1, and when it reaches 20, the function for teleporting the character, implemented in the character class, is called

You can teleport a character simply by using SetActorLocation

@Neot111 first of all, THANKS for advice

I’m sorry it’s too hard to understanding your solution
maybe I’m very newbie at these bluprint thigs :frowning:

Here is the head part of my Trigger box’s blueprint. I just add some nodes
between cast node and setLocation node.

where can I found ‘set text’ node?
And what you mean I have to enable the plugins for using 3d text?

So I decide to change the material of my picture on my wall for showing users which level they play now.
(I make various number 1~20 by photoshop)
240427 set level3

But still don’t know how to set material (PNG files of number) when each time I hit the trigger box…

@shallow
If you are not going to create stylized numbers and regular fonts will be enough for your numbers, then you are better off using the TextRender component, like in my screenshot, in it you can also find the SetText method.

If you want the text to be 3D, then you need to enable the Text 3D plugin, use the Text 3D component and assign a Text variable to it, like in my screenshot.