How to save games for Geometry Collection Actor?

I see that nanite supports Geometry Collection, and UE5’s physics system is chaos, so I have a question when using Geometry Collection, how to save the Geometry Collection Actor in the game?
I think this is a very common requirement. If you destroy many buildings and reload the game after saving, these damaged buildings should also be loaded as they were before saving. Otherwise, when you load the save, the game will All of the broken buildings have been given a new look, which is unreasonable.
But I didn’t find any question about saving the game for Geometry Collection Actor anywhere.
Is this an impossible function? If there is a way to achieve it, please let me know, thank you!

Thank you everyone for being unwilling to answer my question. I realized this function through my own efforts and by viewing the source code of the engine.
If you want to implement this feature, I suggest you don’t ask anyone, and then write this feature yourself

@zyquan hello, have you ever solved your issue? I am tackling identical problem, so far unsuccessfully. Could you share how you did it?

(this is what I’ve done so far Removing elements from a Chaos Geometry Collection at runtime (destroy active transforms))

There is no state saves for chaos destruction assets yet. If epic does it, I would be looking at 5.2 or beyond as there is nothing yet in 5.1

This requires modifying the engine source code, modifying the code to access the variables that record the state of the collection and the proxy, then saving them yourself, and loading them after the game starts.

@zyquan yes, I am doing that in Removing elements from a Chaos Geometry Collection at runtime (destroy active transforms)

I am just not sure how to load them after, how to de-serialize them properly. CedUE told me I should use the Geometry Collection Physics Proxy to disable simulation on the broken pieces, but I still have to hide the pieces somehow, which I am not sure how to do.

@jilda:
If you want to hide a piece visually you can leverage the code that exists to shrink the pieces in UGeometryCollectionComponent::CalculateGlobalMatrices()

You can override the value in UniformScale to be a FTransform with a scale of 0 for the pieces you want to hide