How to saturate color around a certain range

Hey guys,

Imagine a sphere collision that I can drag around a desaturated map, whenever it collides with a part of an object, it will give it colour basically, but only within that collision radius. So anything outside even if it is one object, will be desaturated.

I am trying to create this pulse which will bring color to a desaturated world starting from an origin point and then radially travelling out.

Basically anything in that collision area will have color, anything outside it won’t. I know I can do a simple lerp or desaturation for objects inside the collision, but I am talking about bigger objects, like for example a hill, where color travels from the peak to the bottom

Any advice what I should look at ?

You need a post process.

There’s an article on how to localize PP material effects here

because normally, they occupy the whole screen.

If we take that and make the effect desaturation, we get:

You put an instance of the material in the ‘post process material’ section of the PP volume. Currently it only works from the center of the map ( 0,0,0 ):

347534-pp.gif

Ah that’s really interesting to know, thank you!

I assume that absolute world position variable I can instead slot in the position where I want that effect to happen? :slight_smile:

Edit: Seems like that’s not changing much, this is a really interesting method, sadly doesn’t fit with what I completely want. But thanks a lot!

It’s position in changable…

Just put this in

347530-screenshot-1.jpg

I just facepalmed hard, that worked! Thank you so so much dude, really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome.