How to run the new Metahuman plugin on M1?

Hey all,

Has anybody made the new Metahuman plugin work on an M1? Obviously there is no macOS version yet, but I also tried to run Windows via Parallels, however, it’s full of bugs and simply doesn’t work. The results are something like in this video:

Thanks in advance

8 Likes

An update on this: I’ve been using paperspace to use windows in a chrome tab.

3 Likes

WOW, Thanks!

1 Like

Can you please describe more detailed how to use paperspace to install the plugin on mac? I am a bit new to this and would really need metahumans.

1 Like

You can’t use the Metahuman plugin on mac. What you can do is to rent a windows pc in the cloud using paperspace or any other provider and use UE with the Metahuman plugin there.

Once you have your custom Metahuman generated, you can go back to your mac and import it via quixel bridge.

5 Likes

Any news about the possibility to have the plugin working on Apple Silicon?
I’ve a new Mac Studio Ultra and… would really like avoiding external passages…
Thanks!

1 Like

Anyone know when the metahuman plugin is coming to mac?

2 Likes

Hi Gatorsoter, sorry to keep questioning this. How would you go about renting a windows pc using paper space. I’ve had a look, but I’m unsure what operating system to choose? I’m then unsure how I would go about it once I’ve rented a windows PC - Would it just allow me to download unreal engine 5, the metahuman plug in, etc., and then I could use mesh to metahuman? Would really really appreciate your help. Thank you!

1 Like

use vmware fusion

1 Like

Up ! Does MetaHumans plugin still not run on any Macs? thx

1 Like

Seems that it still doesn’t runs on Mac. Are news about this?

1 Like

Seriously Epic can you “PLEASE” make MAC’S a priority now for METAHUMAN. I have a good PC so its kinda fine but I just got the new M3 MACBOOK PRO MAX and I still can’t use Metahuman. You really really need to support MAC, this parallel ■■■■ doesn’t work and will never fly.

3 Likes

yes I’ve the same problem here. UInable to use Metahuman with my Macbook Pro. Maybe is it because Apple computers doesn’t have separated graphics GPU on their computers. It would be great if Metahuman would work on Mac for sure because there is already the Live Link Face on Iphone but we can only use it on a PC.

1 Like

Yeah I’d really appreciate, I got the same problem!

1 Like

Please support us Mac users

Why would any Unreal developer use an OS and hardware with sub-par graphics API support, sub-par GPU performance, sub-par cooling (EVERY mac overheats when pushed!) and a company that has demonstrated for 20 years that when a decision needs to be made, game developers get the shaft every time.
Even Linux is better for game development.
If Epic should do anything with Apple, it should be figuring out how to turn their internal politics to the point where Apple will actually support a healthy gaming community. But it seems it’s genetically impossible for Apple to do so.

Please support Mac users. There are many of us that live in Mac OS for a number of reasons.

Hey! Which GPU build did you choose? I got a virtual space set up on Paperspace but haven’t been able to find the right GPU/graphics driver pair to make nvidia work with Unreal Engine and the Metahuman plug-in.