How to rotate hundreds of objects without key framing each of them?

Hi,
I’m trying to make an animation of rotating floor panels. I want to use it for a virtual production.
Currently I’m adding keyframes in the sequence editor to mark the timings of rotations for each cubes. It’s ok for a few panels, but I’m trying to make hundreds of them.
Is there a way to make the same effects in blueprints?

Thank you!

Yes. Add them to an array. You can then use a Timeline to rotate them by X deg over Y seconds following a desired curve.

The crux is in the details - what’s the order, timing, the overall desired end effect.

At the most fundamental level, it could look close to this:

Image from Gyazo

But you’ll need to work in a pattern, if needed.

Thank you so much for the explanation. After checking the screenshot, I realized that I really need to start learning about blueprints from the fundamentals (and I’m doing it).

I have a question about “For Loop” though.
As for experiment, I wanted to make a light flicker for 15 times using For Loop node. Here’s what I did:

…and it didn’t work. Could you tell me what I should change?

I wanted to make a light flicker for
15 times using For Loop node […] and
it didn’t work.

• loops wait for no one and execute as fast as they can - this usually means a single frame, too fast to notice
  • it’s an equivalent of toggling the light 16 times very, very quickly - but you only see the very last result

There are dozens ways to achieve the goal, here’s one:

Image from Gyazo

Above, 8 Ons and 8 Offs or thereabout :wink: .5s delay

Timers are handy, too:

This will flicker for 10s, with 4 Flips per seconds (.25s). Or you count the changes manually:

In all the examples above you can use Toggle rather than FlipFlop, ofc.

There are also more advanced techniques, curves, light functions, timelines and so on.

And here’s something more artsy:

Thank you so much Everynone!! The way you explained it was super helpful. Have an awesome November! :slight_smile: