how to repair this bug?

hello everyone, could someone save me here, I’m trying to open U5.2 and the configuration, file, edit tabs, a strange bug always appears. The tab I try to open doesn’t show the presets, instead another tab appears showing when you open the editor and you can’t click on anything, and when I try the screen goes black and what I’m going to post down there appears

I’ve tried repairing, uninstalling and installing again.
Nothing has changed :frowning:

Hey there @NoVatRy11! Welcome to the community! This issue can often stem from a graphics driver issue. May I know your specs?

In the meantime, let’s verify it’s a graphics issue. Try downgrading to a lower RHI (DirectX11 if you can) and see if the tearing still occurs. If not, then we’ll run through the gauntlet of possible fixes. (Some of them are listed in the thread below but I can give more targeted ones depending on your specs and answer to this question)

How to change RHI in and out of engine:

Thread with some GPU aid:

thanks for the tip, fixed it here :smiley:

This workaround only works if you’re not needing to use Nanite/Lumen or any DX12 only feature. The better fix is likely swapping drivers, either to the newest if you hadn’t tried that, or slightly older (stable). With Nvidia often you can go back to the control panel and reset those settings to default and it can mitigate this issue. Worst case scenario we have more drastic options assuming you still need DX12.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.