How to render textures in far distances (UE5)

Hi! Im very new in UE and I want to do a cinematic render.
To do this I export an animated camera and a few objects from Blender as USD file.
The scene is huge, and my problem is that the most distant objects not render their textures as you can see in this images.
This happens in the normal view and in the camera view.
As I said, im a complety noob in UE, so any help is welcome.

(Also sorry for my english xD)

1 Like

Following as i am having a similar issues starting at and about 230KM from center vector “0,0,0” or around 200KM from the object surface.

Textures don’t generally disappear at large distances, but rather mipmapping will downscale a texture (in halves) again and again as it gets farther from the camera until it is at its lowest level of detail. This can cause the texture to be so blurry that it may seem absent.
You can change the settings in the texture or texture sampler to alter the way this behaves (such as enforcing a minimum resolution / mip level) or changing the rate that the downsampling occurs. But these often have side effects. Mipmaps are designed to prevent unsightly aliasing and artifacts that occur when a texel is smaller than a pixel. It also helps manage memory, by making sure that faraway textures aren’t wasting memory by storing more pixels of data than can be represented on screen.

With that said, here is an example of scaling the mipmaps calculation so that the downsampling occurs over a longer distance. In a static shot, the scaled version looks much better thanks to the sharper mipmaps - but in motion you can appreciate the image stability offered by the blurrier mip.

1 Like