How to render single image with Path Tracer?

Hi
I learn to use Path Tracer.
How can I render single image with Path Tracer? (I just need photo for presentation, not movie)

Thank
Travis

if you haven´t already, then watch William Fauchers crash course for pathtracer first:

For one single image, this you can change in the Movie Render Queue Output settings. There you can set the Custom Start and End frame, and if you f.e. set the start to 1, and end frame to 2, then it will just render one single frame.

And if your scene have nothing in there, that requires motion blur, or have anything particular, that requires a big warm-up time, then you can reduce both render- and engine warm-up, to get your renders a little bit quicker.

1 Like

Thank your advice

Hi, you guys might be able to help me.

When I used UE 4.27, I used Path tracing to create a still render.

Usual process: place the camera, fullscreen the viewport, select path tracing viewmode, wait for the image to denoise and then export via the “High Resolution snapshot”. Nothing wrong.

Since I installed UE 5, I tried to make the same proces, but when I hit the “High Res Snapshot” on the denoised image, the image starts to render again and the exported image is a noised image.

Its like the High Res button trigers the rendering process again.

Tried to do it again in 4.27 but now it also has the same problem.

Any ideas what might be happening?

I admit, i haven´t used the High Res Screenshot since i got the Movie Render Queue to working for single images.
But in a quick test, it only rerendered the scene, if i use the Screenshot size Multiplier with a number other than 1. If you are using that, then you might need to add a delay, so that the rerender can complete with the denoising.

Capturing a Converged Path-Traced Image using HighResShot

Use the console variable r.HighResshotDelay equal to the currently active Samples Per Pixel in your scene. A good way to validate that the correct output is being captured is to leave r.PathTracing.ProgressDisplay set to 1. If the progress bar is not present in the captured image, sample accumulation is complete.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/5.0/en-US/path-tracer-in-unreal-engine/

What happens, if you just press F9 for making a regular screenshot after it got denoised, does it rerender then too?

Thanks for the reply!

With the F9 works, thaks. At least I could use that while I discover what is the problem with the high res button, because with out it, im stuck to my monitors resolution for now.

Don’t know if it is solved or not…

Just wanna tells you there is a very simple solution, “Runtime Screenshot Pro”, it can do a Full Path Tracer Shot. Also you can set the resolution in it. Links: Runtime Screenshot Pro in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace

1 Like

Doesn’t work in 5.3. Renders it in couple seconds and the result is low-quality pixeleted noisy mess. All settings, all checkboxes - tried everything, all advices fro, google - nothing worked. Only after hours I finally find that you have to add “anti-aliasing”, set it to “override”->“none” and set spartial sample to whatever sample per pixel you need (1024, for example).
Yep, another broken feature, Epic. Technically, yes, “not broken”, but sorry if you need two hours in google to make a simple render - it’s broken. Can you please stop adding new features and fix what you already have? Calm down, nobody needs your “srata materials” - go please and make UE5 usable. Currently it feels like ue4 when it was just released - I get crashes every hour, countless bugs, errors

That was mentioned in the video, directly after he explains how the samples are controlled in the MRQ, he says and shows, that you should set the Antialiasing to “None”. Timestamp 23:54.

Thats also written in the online documentation, in the section about MRQs anti aliasing settings:

1. From the Movie Render Queue window, click the Unsaved Config* link to open the settings. (The ***** indicates that these settings have not yet been saved. You will save the presets once all settings have been entered.)
  2. On the Setting/Presets window, click Anti-aliasing to open a settings dialog.
  3. Add the following values: