How to reload plugin config?

I have an ini file in my plugin’s config folder. In the case that this ini doesn’t contain the required information, I write to the file and put the default values for those parameters in the file. The problem I’m facing is that this change in the file doesn’t get updated in the config system, and since I’m directly modifying the BasePlugin.ini file, these changes are not reflected in the already initialized config system. How do I reload the config file so that it has these changes I made to the file? I tried the bForceReload parameter in the LoadGlobalIniFile() function, but that doesn’t help as it only reloads the generated config file in the Saved/ directory. Upon some investigation, I found that the config file hierarchy doesn’t take plugin config folders into account. I’m wondering if that’s the issue. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

If you confirmed that behavior that then i would say consider it a bug and raport it.

What may help you in this situation is change in workflow, generally defaults in not intended for reload to begin with as they not intended to be saved dynamically outside of editor game projects. Insisted of direcly editing Base config, do the proer changes in Saved/ config and then copy them to Base.

In general changes of config should happen primerly in memory, they they are saved to be loaded when engine starts, you have trouble making UI, just use Project Settings, it’s quite easy to set up as it property editor and all it does is edit pointed objects, all you need to is register it in settings module, here some example from source code:

ISettingsModule* SettingsModule = FModuleManager::GetModulePtr<ISettingsModule>("Settings");

if (SettingsModule != nullptr)
	{
		SettingsModule->RegisterSettings("Project", "Plugins", "AppleProResMedia",
			LOCTEXT("AppleProResMediaSettingsName", "Apple ProRes Media"),
			LOCTEXT("AppleProResMediaSettingsDescription", "Configure the Apple ProRes Media plug-in."),
			GetMutableDefault<UAppleProResMediaSettings>()
		);
	}

You also need to unregister on shutdown:

ISettingsModule* SettingsModule = FModuleManager::GetModulePtr<ISettingsModule>("Settings");

if (SettingsModule != nullptr)
	{
		SettingsModule->UnregisterSettings("Project", "Plugins", "AppleProResMedia");
	}

Yes, at least UE 4.25.4 seems to ignore plugin Config/Base.ini files.