"How to Play" Bullet Points Not Showing as Expected While Loading Into Game on Approved Island.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Publishing

Summary

When I publish my UEFN map, some releases will have the three pre-game “How to Play” instructional bullet points I provide when publishing, and others will not, even when no text has changed. When I revert to published versions that included the bullet points, the points no longer show. I have tested this with my computer and with two Nintendo Switch devices.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Create a new Fortnite Creative island or UEFN island.
  2. Create a private island code of this island.
  3. Open the publishing window for this code in the Fortnite Creator Portal and provide information in the three instructional bullet point boxes beneath the game description on the first page of the new publishing window.
  4. Fill out other required information as instructed to by the Creator Portal.
  5. Submit the Island for review and for publishing to Fortnite Creative.
  6. When the island publishes, matchmake into the island.
  7. While on the loading screen between Fortnite Lobby and Gameplay, look for three instructional bullet points beneath the name of the Island.
  8. If bullet points are not present, then that is the issue; if present, exit the island.*

*9) If the issue is not yet present, edit the creative or UEFN island slightly and then cyclically re-attempt steps 2 through 9 with the edited island until experiencing the issue.

Expected Result

1. During Step 7, three instructional bullet points should appear beneath the title of the island, and the bullet points should appear on the Island Overview when the player opens their game menu.

Observed Result

1. With most release versions, no instructional bullet points show beneath game title when loading into game after leaving lobby.

2. Game instructional bullet points do appear on the Island Overview tab when player opens Quests/Map/Scoreboard/Overview Menu.

3. When the bullet points do show up on the loading screen for a published release version, instructions changed or not, they usually cease to be there in the next release version.

4. The bullet points appear to have the potential to return to the loading screen in future release versions.

5. Previous versions that had the bullet points appear to lose the bullet points when those versions are changed to again be the island’s active version.

6. I will provide my island code which currently has bullet points on the Publishing Page in Fortnite Creator Portal. It currently has no loading screen bullet points that I can see.*

*I may update the island, which could change things but so far my last five or more updates have not displayed instructions while loading.

Platform(s)

PC, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch OLED, (maybe others).

Island Code

7572-2844-0625

Additional Notes

Thank you for reading; I hope this report comes in useful. Please let me know if there are solutions to this (obvious or otherwise) that I am missing, or if I can answer any further questions regarding this issue.