How to perform the actions of the characters with C++ programming?

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner and I wanna do the character animation work, raise the left hand, for example, with C++ programming, rather than blueprint. But till now I can’t make heads or tails of the work.
Could any one offer me some basic introductions or suggestions please? Any help is going to be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

If you’re hellbent on learning to code, start here:

Is there a particular reason why you ONLY want to do this in C++? Usually if you just want to do that for an animation (raise the left hand) you should use their animation state graph tool. On the other hand, you may also want to do that to achieve some AI behavior or have the player do something when the left hand is in the air. For AI, use keywords “Behavior Tree AI” for a basic tutorial (it’s all over Youtube); for the player, you probably could look into animation events where you basically fire off events at a certain keyframe (when the left hand is in the air) and then have something that listens to it and then do something when that event fires. Does this help?

Thank you ChaoSXDemon. Actually I am not learning to develop games, I am doing some researches on UE4, and it could be much easier for me to achieve the character animation writing C++ code only. I am going to search the “Behavior Tree AI” now. You have my thanks!

That’s cool, thank you rcdarcey!