How to paint foliage only on specific (visible) meshes?

Working with Twimotion as my main visualization tool, I got used to painting foliage only on selected/isolated meshes and it works fine. The foliage only gets places on the visible meshes in Twinmotion.

I recently started learning UE5 to up my game and noticed that this workflow doesn’t work in UE. If I isolate certain meshes and try to paint grass only on the visible mesh, the foliage also spills over the edge to hidden meshes. Is there a workaround to paint only on specific meshes? Since Twinmotion is based on UE, my guess is that there must be a way of doing this the same way…

You can turn off collision on the things you don’t want to paint on. No more of a pain than hiding them, I think.

1 Like

Have you found it in the meantime? I am also dealing with this and looking for the solution

Not really. As ClockworkOcean said, the collisions are the problem here. It looks like Twinmotion automatically disables collisions for hidden items, but this doesn’t seem to be the case for Unreal.

Thank you for the reply. I’m going to continue looking, but I’m done with it now.