How to modify existing cpp file

I’m testing panoramic movie capture on 4.11 Capturing Stereoscopic 360 Screenshots and Movies from Unreal Engine 4 - Unreal Engine

I added a few lines on the SceneCapturer.cpp to combine two panoramic images and saved it.

But there is no difference between before and after.

Do I have to compile cpp file? or is there any specific things to do?

Thank you.

Merely saving a CPP file won’t change anything. You have to recompile. If the SceneCapturer.cpp file is a part of the engine source code, you’re going to have to recompile the engine. It’s really easy to do, but it can take up to 45-60 minutes to recompile.

There are lots of online video tutorials on how to compile a project in visual studio, so I’ll leave it up to you to find and follow along :slight_smile:

Thank you.

I found some youtube videos about compile unreal source code.

Successfully installed and compile unreal engine code, but it keeps saying there is an error when I tried to recompile engine code.

Here is my question about recompile the engine.

What is exact process to recompile the engine?

What I did is

1. Change cpp file and save it
  2. clean all of UE4 in VS 2015
  3. and Build it

Is it right?

Hi, desaicx
I’m trying the same thing. Do you have any news about it ?
Look ,I found this explanation twice while i’ve been searching about this topic. It may help you.

“You might need to start your project, right click in the content browser, add custom C++ class. Then in your project’s folder, right click on the uproject file, generate visual studio project files, open up the VS solution next to it, then click Build/Build Solution.
Find the plugin’s folder in the main UE folder (…Program Files\Epic Games\4.1x\Engine\Plugins\Experimental) copy it into your project, if you don’t have a Plugins folder just create one. Overwrite the plugin’s name (StereoPanorama.uplugin) so it won’t collide with the original. Install Visual Studio 2015 (don’t forget to tick the C++ common tools in the custom installation settings), go into the new folder you copied StereoPanorama\Source\StereoPanorama\Private and locate the SceneCapturer.cpp file. Open it up, find the mentioned line, comment it out. Then build solution for the whole project.”

I’ll try to do these steps,
But unfortunately, I’m not sure if my SceneCapturer.cpp file is correct. I do not quite understand the link explanation.