How to make the map feel smoother?

My map has 3000 memory usage, Enable streaming on, and it still doesn’t feel as fluid as other maps, but I don’t have fps drops like the maps that feel very fluid. How do I modify that and find an intermediate point that feels fluid-smother but without having sudden drops in fps?

I’m having the same problem, my map didn’t even get accepted because of the fps.

Hi all,

I’ve been seeing people fixing “fluidity” issues by changing Island Settings - Movement Speed Tunings (see video in thread to check if it matches what you’re seeing. )

Hopefully that’s something that will be resolved in the next patch though.

For other FPS troubleshooting - post a screenshot and I’ll see if I notice anything. First thing I’d check is if you have a large number of dynamic/shadow casting lights.

No no, I mean I don’t have fps issues on my island, I just don’t feel that smooth feeling that you can feel on other maps and I only have a memory usage of 3000 so my project isn’t very big.

Ah, you’re looking for that ‘0 Delay’ smoothness eh? :face_with_monocle: (Honestly I still have no idea what map makers are talking about when they claim “0 Input Delay” :laughing:)

It’s probably true that you and Isidore are having 2 different problems, I think a video clip from your island that shows the ‘roughness’ would be a step forward.

1 Like