How to make fur that matches it's color with an underlying model's texture?

Let’s say i have a cube. On that cube there is a texture. And also on the cube are a bunch of fur cards (If you’re unfamiliar with them they’re basically a plane with an alpha texture that are attached to a model to make things look like they have fur or hair). What i am trying to figure out how to do is, how do i make them match in color to the cube’s texture? and not just have a color for all of the fur cards, i mean actually have them match. So if the cube had a tiger stripe texture, the fur would match that.

it doesn’t have to be a shader but i would prefer it over some weird solution like baking a texture for each indvidiual card or something like that.

I’m not sure what the actual implementation of this would look like, but, I have a pretty good idea of what would be needed…

Some way of sampling the Fur Card’s color from the UVs of the color texture from the model. What I’m not entirely sure is how to project from the Location of the Card to the Model UVs below it, without taking a good amount of time researching it.

Hope that gets you started, at least.

Unfortunately that is basically the exact knowlegde i already had. Though i have no clue how i would go about researching how to do this. (Because i have no clue what to google)