How to make a material semitransparent in-game

Hi. I have found some tutorials on how to make a transparent material and that works fine. But they seem so lifeless.

I want the “standard” color from the fps template boxes but I want them to be able to change to be semitransparent when I pick them up. I know how to trigger it but I don’t know how to change he transparency of the material so it looks good. I attached an image so you can see what I mean. I copied the material of the right box and changed it to be transparent. I changed blend mode to translucent but the result looks so cheap. Its the one on the left. I fiddled around with settings and tried other blend modes but I can’t get it to look good.

How do I keep the same look but make it semitransparent?

Do you have any rules on the forum about bumping posts?

Do you mean something like this?

Changing the transparency amount?

Yeah but I want to do it on this material from the cube. And I want it to look just like it does now but then I want to make it semitransparent when you pick it up so you can see were you’re going.

Wait 4 days till you bump your threads :slight_smile:
You could just create two different materials -> one without and one with transparency. After that just switch the material when the player picks up the mesh

Ok a little too quick then. :smiley:

Ok I thought about that but figured that its better to change the material I already have because it would look more natural. But I will try that.