How to make a material paramater

Hello

Let’s say I have a tiling material for wood and metal. I want to create a new material that can just reference an existing material and use a mask to control where those materials appear. But I can’t find a way to make a material parameter (I just see parameters for textures and number values). It’d be great if someone could point me in the right direction in approaching this. Thanks! :smiley:

Hey,

What you’re looking for is a Material Function. Here’s a tutorial showing you how to combine different materials, which I think is what you’re asking for: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hi thanks for the reply! I forgot to mention that I was looking for a way to instance something like a layered material. Where I would be able to swap out the layered materials any time with other existing materials. But I can’t seem to make parameters out of the material functions that A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums demonstrates.