How to make a character bounce off a wall?

I appreciate it, but Unreal is a game engine not an animation package per se. There is a way of doing things and it’s not to ‘animate’ simple bounces,. That would be a whole new problem in itself, to use the software in that unusual way. This is a Photorealistic 3D 360° Zero G game where you are flinging yourself across large spaces, Grabbing the wall and flinging yourself away, the only time you bounce is if you neglect to grab something… there is really nothing to animate in terms of the character motion, that is all ‘procedural’ , and therefore interactive,. The weirdest thing I can imagine is stopping a fast pace game, to show a 'animated cut scene ’ of the character ‘bouncing’ off a wall, then back to the game ?? !! ;~) :slight_smile: (it is just not how the Engine works to ‘animate’ simple collisions and reactions Though I’m sure it’s possible like when in Lone Echo, they customize how the fingers 'wrap around poles or convex wall corners when you grab them, That too is probably partly procedural, but it definately ‘customization’ animation, I plan to have the hands do that later n, after I release early access, get ideas from the players,. :slight_smile: It is a single line of code I need to make this happen, I just need to find that code. More complexity is the last thing I need. :frowning:

When I animate, it is in tools like Autodesk 3ds Max, Motionbuilder, etc… there are very few modeling or animating tools in Unreal at any rate (still). Thanks for responding though,.

What I need is the SIMPLEST THING IMAGINABLE, Physics is not even required. I just need to like, **set velocity to the direction the character is facing, or perhaps the impact normal between that and the wall they’re pushing on, and multiply by a number that represents the strength of the push. Simply emulate physics by bouncing away from a wall. I can’t believe in 2 months no one has been able to help me make this happen. It’s embarASSing for this generation of people is what it is!!

thanks!!**