How to log in shipping build (Win)?

I’d be suspicious if a full rebuild wasn’t needed (though perhaps for non source builds Epic could provide a log enabled shipping build to link against).

You should add a bug report about the Blueprint functionality - seems like a valid concern.

trying this, I got errors on package. basically none of the Log categories are defined. 4.18.3

Weird. It works for me. Did it do a full rebuild? Did you put it in the right place? Maybe it only works with projects set up for IWYU headers. I don’t know.

Apparently you just can’t use LogTemp in a shipping build, that was the only one undefined actually. But that is a separate issue.

While this works as promised in 4.18+, this does not allow packaging if you are using a Launcher Build.
It fails with:

ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘Launch’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in Launch.build.cs to override.

No idea where the Launch.build.cs is and if that would fix anything, so if you want to do this you are most likely still locked to a Source Build. If you have a Source Build already though, you luckily don’t have to modify it anymore with above’s answer.

There is Conclusion but seems complex to annonymous.

1. Cant Use Launcher Engine, you need to get open source built engine from github

2. When you get source engine, fix the unreal engine source file

311519-1.png

1. now switch engine version of your game project and regenerate sln

2. add use logging code to your project target cs file

now package again

you can get log file from desktop location, not a build file location

3 Likes

Which directory is your log file located in?

Would be nice to be able to enable logging only for game and immediate plugins, but not engine itself, to not require rebuild of engine itself.