How to key a spotlight to rotate in sequencer?

Hello,

I’m working on a a project that I intend to render out as a ten minute cinematic video when finished. I’m pretty new to UE4, but I’ve got a few years experience with this stuff in other programs such as Maya.

So I’ve been using the sequencer to key a bunch of animations, such as the camera moving or fog rolling in. My question is-how can I animate LIGHTS besides brightness and color?? I haven’t been able to find ANYTHING about it online. I have a lighthouse in my scene that needs the spotlight to rotate throughout the whole scene, but I for the life of me can’t figure out how to do this! Additonally, I’d like to rotate my directional light, too. I found a way to rotate the directional light in blueprints, but it doesn’t work in the way I need it to and would prefer to just key the rotation myself. Once I add the lights to the sequencer, there are no transform options. Why is this???

1 Like
  1. First make sure that the light’s mobility is set to “Moveable”

2. Open the sequencer and add a track for the light actor.

+Track > Actor To Sequencer > MyLightActor

1. By default light actors do not get a transform track, so add it to the light actor track.

Find your light actor in Sequence tracks > press the “+” button for that track > Transform

1. Add keys to transform tracks as normal.
3 Likes