How to integrate nvidia flex into unreal engine 4?

watch this video i think this might help you

thanks brother,

Hi,
Thank you for your great works, I downloaded your branch of UE 4 with hairworks support, but don’t know why hair never follow the body animation, it just not move
but it works fine in hairworks preview tools, wondering any solution for that problem?

Thanks lot

Make sure the hair growth mesh is skinned in your 3d package, then in UE4 make sure that it is attached to the skeletal mesh. I have tested this and it does work.

Hi
thanks for your reply, I know it must something wrong with my steps, your program should have no any problem.
I tried today again, I did follow steps:

1. choose part of head mesh and separated as growth mesh, skinned with head bone.
  2. generate hair with hair and fur modifier on growth mesh.
  3. under tools menu, convert guides to splines.
  4. create hairworks, pick converted splines to hairworks.
  5. export hairworks and model .
    in UE4
  6. import model and hairworks, create actor Blueprint.
  7. in blueprint, drop character in
  8. under character, add hair component
    when play animation, hair still not follow body
    I attached a img, could you just take a look, maybe I didn’t attache the hair to skeletal mesh properly?
    Thanks lot

The only thing I can guess from the above picture, is the hair was not exported with skinning information. But if you say its working in the Hair Viewer, then I am not sure. The only way I would be able to help further is if you can send me the hair file and animated mesh and I can try set it up or see what is wrong.

Thanks lot
you have any email that I can send all files to?

Thanks

PM me and I will tell you.

Hi,
I had PM you, by the way, my model was made , added bones and made animation in blender 3d, after that I exported as fbx file and imported into 3ds max for making hair and add hairworks in 3ds max
I tried last night again, still no problem in hairworks preview tools but failed in UE 4, is that could be the problem?because that model not made in 3ds max?

thanks

Hey xling, I got the exact same problem as yours.

Just wondering are you still having this problem? (hair not sync with animation.)

If you do, then check your skeleton’s bone name. Their shouldn’t be spaces in bone name or hairworks will not sync hair in ue4.

Hope this help :slight_smile:

Hello Sir. I Know this kinda old post, but I was wondering if you got your merged branch merged with substance plugin too? I’m downloading your I’ve got Unreal Engine 4.10 Hairworks integrated with Substance plugin. Is it possible to integrate it with Flex too?

No it will only ever contain GameWorks techs, if anyone wants to add substance or any other plugin, they will have to do so themselves

Oh! Ok… So it is possible to integrate substance plugin to your NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch? But anyway sir. Can you please teach me how or direct me to a forum that has information about merging substance plugin. I’m new to github and have zero idea in codes.

P.S.
(Thank you very much for taking time to reply)

Hi, I am currently trying to get Flex up and running with UE4 but it just dont seem to work for me! I already created a thread here (How to build the Flex Branch? - C++ - Epic Developer Community Forums) but nobody answered yet. Its quite frustrating to download different branches, wait an hour until the build finished and ascertain that it was all in vain. I tried your branch (4.9.2_Nvidia_Techs), but it doesnt work either. I can create Flex assets, but they just wont move or interact in any way.
Furthermore I am not able to build the sample FlexProject since I am getting the error “Lighting Build failed: Swarm failed to kick off”. Is there anything I have to activate/install before I get any Flex functionality?

I am using VS2013 and Windows 10 Pro. I got a Nvidia780GTX and managed to run the demos from the FleX standalone sdk flawlessly

Edit: I solved it finally!! …after 3 days of trial and error…

You have to set the PhysX processor to your GPU under the 3D-settings in your graphics driver! Mine was set to auto, which seemed to work fine with the demos but didn’t with the editor.

I’ve just tried 's 4.9.2_Nvidia_Techs branch but setup.bat fails at 99%:

Move it to a lower directory such as D:\UnrealEngine

Ah great thank you that fixed it!

GenerateProjectFiles.bat wants VS 2012 or VS 2013 while I have VS 2015 installed. Can I still make it work somehow? I don’t have enough space for installing another VS version. :\

Hello,

I want use flexible mesh in game and for this I want use Flex of Nvidia. I has tried to integrate this

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/FleX

in the UE4.10 but This is not the web page.

I need help.

Heyo, I’ve got this error while loading up the GenerateProjectFiles.bat:

Does anyone have a fix?