How to implement object pooling with actors using blueprints?

I’m surprised I haven’t found more information on this. I’m coming from Unity where activating and deactivating a given gameobject is a simple boolean. However in unreal using “set active” function on the default scene root of an actor seems to have no visible effect as far as I can see. I’ve also tried instead hiding the object, turning off its collision, and turning off it’s tick but I’m not quite getting the behavior I’m expecting.

As a side question. I have actors who are activated and deactivated and moved. They spawn child actors whenever they are moved (either an obstacles or an array of coins). What would be a good way of activating and deactivating my my child actors?

I’m targeting mobile and my parent actors are pretty hefty so I’d really like to get object pooling working instead of spawning and destroying constantly. (If you haven’t guessed by now, it’s an infinite runner).

Thanks for any help provided. Screenshots of blueprints are always appreciated as well.

Ah, as is the way. When one finally resorts to posting on the forums, one usually discovers the root of the problem. I’ve got it mostly working now. Disabling visibility, collision, and tick seems to do the trick.