Download

How to get Vive trackers to work

Hi!

I’m working on a virtual production prototype, and one of the key components of this is getting a Vive tracker mounted to an IRL camera to sync with an in engine camera. I’m having troubles getting the tracker to show up and work properly in UE4 however (Using Steam VR 1.20.4, and UE4.27.2).

I can get the tracker to show up and work within Steam VR, and I can get the other Vive controllers to show up and work, but no luck getting the tracker to work. I have tried setting the tracker to be a Camera tracker in Steam VR, then making an object with a motion controller component, and setting the motion source to either Special_1 or Tracker_Camera. This doesn’t seem to work at all.

I’ve tried assigning bindings through Steam VR’s “Show Old Binding UI”, but when I select “Edit” on the current bindings, and then “Add Action Pose”, I don’t have any option to select Special_1 as any pose action, only a list of other tracker types.

I’m losing my mind trying to figure this out, and if anyone can point me in a direction of what to try next, I’d be eternally grateful.

Thanks,
Kaden W

Update!

I was able to get the tracker to show up using LiveLinkXR, and following the guide here: