How to get indirect lighting on low scalability?

Hi, I’m using the early access version of UE5, with Lumen enabled, and I’m wondering how do I get indirect lighting on low scalability. As you can see from the pictures below, the dark side of objects are completely black, and I can’t seem to find a way to fix this.

Lumen is meant to target next gen consoles and high end PC games, it doesn’t scale down all that much

true, but that’s going to suck for ppl that want to play new games but don’t have a high end graphics card.

I was hoping there was some way to get indirect lighting with Lumen

Right, but that’s part of the reason for the update, they’ve got a solution that works for consoles which is very important but it’s something that currently requires a high end PC for. Most likely performance will improve once it releases (remember this is early access) but it’s still something that they’re making a jump and it’s going to leave some hardware behind. It still contains some features like baked lighting to support games that can’t use the fully dynamic lighting system, but there will also be UE4 which already supports a wide range of hardware as well.

Thats why we will need to have an “alternative mode” (that we have to create ourselves) for years to come.

Lumen currently is just something you enable “in addition” to the basic stuff.

My current solution for this is:

• Build the game with Lumen, and for Lumen
  • Make everything (that has lights etc.) have a switch to enable/disable “Lumen mode” (since you will need to adjust materials, lights and so on)

Of course, that doesnt work with Lightmass (afaik), but this allows you to use Lumen without causing trouble for “older” hardware.

Yes, this is a lot of work to do… no pain, no gain - if you want the fancy, you gotta work for it.

I would expect at least another 4-6 years until you can just have lumen be the default without getting people to complain that it doesnt run well on a 1060 at 1080p.