How to get c++ static library running on Oculus Quest

Hello, I’m an amateur just getting started on Oculus Quest development. I have a sample project which I can launch on the Quest already.

In the past I’ve used this tutorial (A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums) to compile a static C++ library into the engine.

I’d like to do the same thing on the Quest- to isolate some c++ code in a standalone library and integrate it to my Oculus Quest game. I’m a little lost on how to get started, though, and I haven’t done much tinkering with android in the past. Does anyone have any tutorials on how to get this going, or could anyone kindly give me some broad, high-level advice on what I need to do to accomplish this?

I’m just using the 4.22.2 UE4 engine from Github and the free version of visual studio 2017 at the moment. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Did you ever figure out a good workflow or come across helpful resources? I am looking to accomplish the same goal.

I actually had to take a break on this project for a while, but will start up again shortly. I’ll post more if I come across anything helpful. Please let me know if you find anything either. =]

Here’s a couple of links, I was next thinking of trying to follow these, but try to use a .so instead of a .dll and go from there.

Here’s epic’s general guide on linking DLL’s:

And on linking static libraries:

I also found this helpful when trying to link a static windows .lib for the first time:

Awesome, thank you for the resources. I will let you know if I make any progress.