How to get a Particle Effect from an overlapping trigger box?

Hi,

so like the title said I want to know how I can get a particle effect in a box.

My setup in the level:

• Box Trigger
  • Inside the Box Trigger a Particle Effect

So when I get all overlapping actors from the trigger box, the particle effect is not part of it.

So how can I get it?

Hello, Maxim90!

If I understand your problem correctly, you should try to make bop with emitter as a component.

And AFAIK overlaps event doesn’t fire if the object was situated in trigerbox from the start. You may try to spawn it in as solution of that problem.

Best wishes,

Hi ,
thanks for the answer. With “bop” you meant blueprint, right? Well I actually don’t want to create a blueprint for every Particle Effect I have.

And AFAIK overlaps event doesn’t fire
if the object was situated in
trigerbox from the start. You may try
to spawn it in as solution of that
problem.

I am not expecting him to fire the event since I am calling the function GetOverlappingActors on the trigger box which gives me an array of actors which overlaps the trigger box. And since the Particle effect in the world is an Emitter which is an Actor, I hoped it will return me also the Particle Effects.

I even tried to set the collision response to all channels to overlap. So they both definitely should overlap.

With “bop” you meant blueprint, right?

Yeah right, had some misscklicked.

I am not expecting him to fire the event since I am calling the function GetOverlappingActors on the trigger box which gives me an array of actors which overlaps the trigger box. And since the Particle effect in the world is an Emitter which is an Actor, I hoped it will return me also the Particle Effects.

Well, Emitter Actor haven’t have collider component. So this can be a reason of why it doesn’t got into array

Best wishes,

Hi ,

Well, Emitter Actor haven’t have
collider component. So this can be a
reason of why it doesn’t got into
array

So if that is actually the problem, then just a bp with the particle system component wouldn’t be enough. I have to create a collider component as well.
Well I guess I have to go with this one for now. But it would be nice if someone has a proper solution without this additional work for particle effects.

But thanks for the help .