How to fix Metahuman hair illumination?

Metahuman hair glows like reflective material - especially the highlighted colors (grays, etc.) Metahuman hair issue - YouTube

Disabling emissive material is not an option, nor is changing the lighting setup, as the priority is to produce quality cinematics. I need a solution that only stops the hair from glowing, if anyone could please help?

Thanks!

Anyone know how to stop the hair from illuminating like this?

I have no idea how to fix, but you could try turning off all reflections in the project settings just to make absolutely sure it is reflections. It might be a completely different issue, so narrowing it down is a good idea.

If it is still there after turning off reflections, you could try turning off anti-aliasing next.

Maybe just go down the rendering options turning things off, and when you find the one that is causing the issue, you will at least have more information.

Ok thanks, I’ll start the process of elimination. Please advise if you learn a solution.

Did you ever find a fix?

3 Likes

I am also curious whether you were able to find a fix for this.

1 Like

I’m also interested in a fix…

LOD Sync might be the problem. Try to check if LODs causing this. If so, I may give some long advices.

If lods are ok, you might need to check if hair materials have emissive properties. I just checked the video and looks like emissive thing like you mentioned. And I guess emissive parts stays on “Salt” properties on hair. Hard to see from my phone right now :expressionless:

Struggled with this a lot. Turning off shadows in point lights works but its not what we want to have to do.
In your editor select the hair and make sure ‘Dynamic Shadow’ is ticked.
Turn off ‘Hair Shadow Density’ or at least change the settings.
Worked ok for me.