How to extract skeletal mesh vertex WS location in BP

Background
I want to colour the vertices of a skeletal mesh (eg the third person mannequin that is controlled by the player) based on some property of each vertex (preferably in blueprints). I have successfully changed the vertex colour (using the Set Vertex Color Override node) based on the direction of a light source.

Ideally I want to use the vertex colour as a mask between two textures based on whether something has LoS with location X (hence I need to know the location in world space of each vertex to do a line trace).

336353-vertex1.jpg

Problem
Within blueprints, I can’t find a way of referencing the actual WS location of each of the bodies vertices (for example of the default third person mesh). I use the Get Section From Static Mesh (which I have created from the skeletal mesh prior to runtime) to generate the number of vertices. While this has the same mesh as the skeletal mesh, it doesn’t allow me to access the actual skeletal mesh. I had thought the Create Static Mesh Description node tied to the skeletal mesh component might be useful (as it has a Get Vertex Position) - but if so, I can’t get it to work.

I understand that there are ways of doing this in C++ (my fallback) but I was hoping to learn how to do it first in BP. I’m sure this isn’t as difficult as I think it is.

Bumping this… and please, if you categorically KNOW this can’t be done in any way in BP, please let me know. I suspect that if I can access Vertex Colours in runtime/BP, I should be able to access their locations (even in local space) somehow.

Final bump… hope someone is out there.